BlackBerry Developers Wiki
This is the unofficial wiki for BlackBerry development, intended as a home for all resources not easily found on the official sites and to create a community knowledgebase.
We aim to collect knowledge for:
- Legacy BlackBerry OS (Java based)
- PlayBook Tablet OS (QNX based)
- BlackBerry 10 OS (QNX based)
- QNX OS as it applies to the QNX based BlackBerry operating systems
For tablet development, also check out the PlayBook wiki.
- BlackBerry Developer Zone
- Choosing a Target Device OS
- API Documentation: 4.2.1 | 4.5.0 | 4.6.0 | 4.7.0 | 5.0.0 | 6.0.0 | 7.0.0 | 7.1.0
- BlackBerry 10 API Documentation: Core Native | Cascades | WebWorks | Air
BlackBerry OS resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- BlackBerry Keyboard Layouts
- Programming guidelines
- Profiling and Optimization
- Media Thumbnails
- Generic UI Guidelines
- Discovered BlackBerry OS Bugs
BlackBerry 10 / Tablet OS resources
- Getting Started - References for getting started
- PlayBook Apps - A list of PlayBook apps designed by the developer community.
- Android - The PlayBook Android Player lets you run Java-only Android apps.
- WebWorks - HTML5 applications targeting both BlackBerry OS and the PlayBook.
- Adobe AIR - Allows packaging Flex and ActionScript applications ("Adobe Flash") for the PlayBook. Can also target Apple's iOS devices and Google's Android platform.
- Native - Allows you to compile C and C++ code for the PlayBook.
- Qt - Uses the Native SDK to run Qt apps on the PlayBook.
- Marmalade - Third-party SDK which allows cross-platform development. Popularly used by EA for their games.
- FreeNode IRC - ##blackberry, #BlackBerryDev
- CrackBerry.com Forums
- H.E.C. Geek
- Programming BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Developers At Work!
- Thinking BlackBerry
- BlackBerry Programming
- Generation Media Group
- Barry - Sync for Linux
- BBSSH - SSH client
- bbTracker - GPS tracking for smartphones
- BerrySpeedy - Adds convenient menu items to the BlackBerry UI
- BlackBerry Ant Tools
- Djigzo - Open source email encryption
- Fairview 5 Engineering BlackBerry Utilities - KeePass and SignalLoc
- LogicMail - IMAP/POP/SMTP client
- WordPress for BlackBerry
- Native toolchain for BlackBerry 10 - GCC and other tools for self-hosting development, plus useful tricks